- Preparation time
- 6 mins
- Cooking time
- 16 mins
- 4 people
- Posted by
- Posted on
- September 14, 2015
- Babycorn halved – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder – ¾ teaspoon
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Dried red chillies broken – 3-4
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger cut into thin strips – 1 inch
- Green chillies finely chopped – 3
- Onions sliced – 2 medium
- Green capsicums cut into thin strips – 1 medium
- Tomato cut into thin strips – 1 medium
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato ketchup – 1½ cup
- Paneer (cottage cheese) – 200 grams
- Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Fresh coriander sprigs – 10-12
Step1 : Boil 4-5 cups water in a non-stick pan, add babycorns, salt and¼ tsp turmeric powder and cook for 3-4 minutes. Strain and put them into a bowl.
Step2 : Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add dried red chilies and cumin seeds and sauté till the chilies are crisp. Add ginger, green chilies and onions and sauté till onions are translucent.
Step 3: Add tomato and capsicum strips, red chilli powder and ½ tsp turmeric powder and toss. Add boiled babycorns, tomato ketchup and salt and mix well. Cut cottage cheese into batons and add and mix. Add vinegar and toss.
Step 4: Finely chop coriander sprigs and add and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes .
Step 5: Transfer in to a serving plate and serve hot.